Sustaining Living Soil Ecosystem through Adoption of Soil Management Practices and Mitigating Climate Change for National Development.
Eleven (11) sub-themes were proposed as listed below:
1. Inventory of Soil Resources.
2. Integrated Soil Fertility Management Systems.
3. Climate-Smart Agriculture.
4. Soil degradation, rehabilitation/restoration and Conservation.
5. Wetland for Sustainable Services.
6. Soil Biodiversity and Ecosystem Management.
7. Management of Irrigated Lands.
8. Land Use and Land Cover Change.
9. Environmental Pollution and Protection.
10. Socioeconomic Implications of Land Use and Climate Change.
11. Application of Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in Soil and Environmental Sciences.
Time: March 2022.
Venue: Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. LOC Chair: Prof A. C. Odunze, Department of Soil Science, Faculty of Agriculture/Institute of Agricultural Research, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria